Additional Included Highlights
- Cairo: Sightseeing includes sweeping vies over the city from the Citadel and a visit to the Great Alabaster Mosque.
- Memphis: See the statue of Rameses II along with the Alabaster Sphinx.
- Sakkara: View the oldest pyramid in the world, the Step Pyramid of Zoser I, existing for over 4,500 years.
- Karnak: Walk the avenue of ram-headed sphinxes, see the of Rameses II and the Hypostyle Hall.
- Edfu: Explore the Temple of Horus.
- Aswan: Visit the High Dam and Granite Quarries.
- Luxor: Visit a working bakery and witness the local artisans making authentic Egyptian bread.
- Nile Cruise: Dress in traditional attire and join the fun at an Egyptian dinner and galabeya party.
- Aswan: In true tradition, just like Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie before you, enjoy high tea in true colonial English-style at Aswan's famous Old Cataract Hotel, as the sun begins to set.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (BB), 4 Lunches (L), 1 Afternoon Tea (AT) and 4 Dinners (D), all with bottled water plus tea or coffee. New Year's Eve: 25 Dec 17 & 24 Dec 18 will enjoy a festive Highlight Dinner which will replace an included meal.
- Giza: With your Egyptologist, meet the enigmatic Sphinx and venture deep inside one of the pyramids, to the chambers where the pharaohs went to meet their Gods in the afterlife.
- Karnak: Stand amid a vast forest of columns in the largest temple complex known to man, as your Egyptologist explains the significance behind it.
- West Bank: Embark on an experience with an Egyptologist to visit the Temple Hatshepsut and royal tombs in the Valley of the Kings.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Cruising: Cruise the Nile in style, on-board your traditional Nile cruiser with its spacious cabins, bars, shops, lounge, restaurant and swimming pool.
- Cairo: The luxurious Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar El Khayyam Casino is conveniently located on Gezira Island in downtown Cairo. The central section was once the Gezirah Palace built for the Khedive Isma'il Pasha in 1869.
Top Rated Highlights
- Cairo: Guided by your Local Expert, gaze upon the most recognisable symbols of ancient Egypt: the full-faced funeral mask, gold coffin, gilded throne and precious jewellery – Tutankhamun's treasures.
- Giza: If only these walls could talk! Oh, but they do at the audio visual Sound & Light Show at the Great Pyramids.
- Kom Ombo: Visit the unique temple as it is the only double temple in Egypt.
- Philae Island: Travel by motorboat to Philae Island and witness the majestic Temple of Isis rising from the waters.
- Aswan: On a traditional Nile felucca, meet a sailor and learn the art of sailing this ancient Nile craft.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.