Additional Included Highlights
- Vienna: Explore the famous ring road and see the Opera House, Hofburg Palace and City Hall.
- Innsbruck: See the Golden Roof and Imperial Palace in Old Town.
- Oberammergau: Visit the home of the Passion Play, to see the immense theatre and the colourfully painted chalets.
- Munich: Enjoy a city orientation tour concluding with the Marienplatz and the Town Hall with its famous Glockenspiel.
- Vienna: At the Christmas Market, meet a local stallholder and sample a delightful Viennese winter dessert, complimented perfectly with a traditional fragrant glass of Glühwein.
- Hall in Tirol: Situated perfectly in a 700-year-old building in the charming town of Hall in Tirol, enjoy a medieval banquet of Austrian specialities with wine.
- Munich: Join your newfound friends for a festive Celebration Dinner with wine and good cheer!
- Dining Summary: 7 Buffet Breakfasts (BB) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Vienna: The sheer opulence of Schönbrunn Palace will exhilarate your senses. Your Local Expert will bring to life the story of the Habsburgs during your tour of the royal grounds.
- Salzburg: With a Local Expert, see Mozart’s family home on the Getreidegasse and the 500-year-old market in front of the cathedral.
- Neuschwanstein: With a Local Expert, visit King Ludwig II's fairy-tale castle, built high in the Bavarian Alps and rumoured to be the inspiration of Walt Disney's castles.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Vienna: With views over the city and neighbouring Stadtpark, the Hilton Vienna is just a short walk from attractions like the Opera House and St. Stephen’s Cathedral.
- Salzburg: The Arcotel Castellani in a short walk from the centre of Salzburg and features contemporary rooms with modern furnishings. The grounds include a large garden with a 400-year old linden tree and a quaint Baroque church.
- Munich: The Leonardo Royal Hotel, located next to Munich’s famous Olympic Park, features modern architecture and refined interiors.
Top Rated Highlights
- Innsbruck: Meet your coachman and enjoy a delightful journey through Tyrol’s picturesque countryside on your horse-drawn Fiaker.
- Christmas Markets: You will have the chance to be dazzled by the magic of Christmas, with local handicrafts and delicious, seasonally-festive treats like Glühwein.
You will visit the following 2 places:
Misunderstood by many, Germany is one of the most unique and charming countries on the continent. Since reunification Germany has at last gained a higher profile as a place to visit, thanks partly to the remarkable resurgence of its capital, Berlin, one of the most fascinating and exciting cities in Europe. It's no surprise at all that today’s Germany is more diverse and cosmopolitan than old stereotypes suggest; mixing time-honoured nationalism and tradition with multicultural modernism and self-confidence.
Austria is a German-speaking federal republic and a landlocked country of over 8.66 million people in Central Europe. It is characterized by its mountain villages, baroque city architecture, Imperial history and rugged alpine terrain. Vienna, its Danube River capital, is home to the Schonbrunn and Hofburg palaces, and has counted Mozart, Strauss and Sigmund Freud among its residents. The country’s other notable regions include the northern Bohemian Forest, Lake Traun and eastern hillside vineyards.