Posted on 05/17/2019
As a travel agency in Denham Springs, Louisiana, it’s daily that we have conversations with customers about traveling. A question that I was asked is my best travel advice. So, I’ve decided to put together a blog article on 5 things you should do in order to have the best international trip ever.Ready?Here we go!
- Discover New Viewpoints – Many travelers stick with the tried and true which don’t allow for much growing and learning while they travel. I recommend you try seeing the same thing from a new point of view.For example, if you’re visiting Tahiti and it’s your 2nd or 3rd time, why not check out the water from underneath it instead of atop? They have some great snuba-tours or scuba diving excursions that you can take which will give you an entirely new perspective about the water.
- Have Fun on Your Layovers – Many travelers that I talk to are in a hurry to get to their destination. But one thing that they don’t think about is that a layover in a fun city can prove to be a mini vacation within a larger one. For example, a flight to Sydney, Australia from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, requires a stopover (and sometimes 2). Why not take advantage of a layover in LAX and take in a sightseeing tour of Hollywood? The flight price is the same but now you’ve done two vacations in one. Ask us about layover possibilities and ideas.
- Don’t Plan Too Much – I know that I just suggested you take 2 vacations in one but most of the time vacation is for relaxation. So planning to do too much will ultimately stress you out and void out the reason for the trip in the first place. So instead of planning a tour everyday of your vacation, why not skip a day here and there? That way you’ll have some relaxation time and truly reboot and unplug.
- Act Confident, Even if You’re Not – Traveling internationally can be an exciting adventure but depending on where you go it can also be a little scary.Think about it: you’re in a new city, new time zone and new culture. It’s going to feel a bit nerving until you have your bearings secure.We can help with that before you even get there because the tour companies, hotels and excursions that we book you with are top notch and safe. However, you may want to venture out and take in the sights on your own. Just make sure that you act confident and like you know what you’re doing.If it looks like you belong there then people will leave you alone and not treat you like a tourist. That’s good advice whether you’re traveling abroad or in the states too.
- Funniest Yet Practical Advice I Can Give – Pack duct tape.I know, I know.It sounds funny but think about it. Duct tape can be used to fix a broken shoe sole, hole in your suitcase or even as a lint remover.It doesn’t have to be a big roll, just enough to fix some issues that could otherwise ruin a good day of adventuring.
There you have it....5 ways to have the best international trip possible. Of course, there is a 6th way…let us book your trip. Because we’ve been there, done that, we’re able to guide you in making the best possible travel decisions and choices when it comes to picking a destination that will take your breath away. Why not give us a call and let’s talk about your next vacation.